Congratulations on your engagement and commitment to marry.
Planning your own wedding can be one of the most exciting and creative things you will do in your life. Be assured I am here to help make it just that little bit smoother for you as your Marriage Celebrant.
The role of a Marriage Celebrant is to really listen to what you want for your wedding ceremony. I can also assist you with ideas that might be unique to you and your family and ensure everyone is part of your special day. A civil marriage ceremony gives you the complete freedom to create a wedding ceremony that reflects your feelings, personality and beliefs.
Your wedding ceremony will be personalised to suit your individual needs, and presented in a professional, relaxed and friendly way. Let me work with you to create the wedding ceremony that you want, that is personal and special to you both.
Your Ceremony can be a formal occasion or more casual, include a ritual or religious element or have a theme. The choice is yours and I am there to help.
Together I will help you create a ceremony that will be meaningful for you, and one your family and friends will remember forever. I would consider it an honour to be part of your special day.
What does my fee include?
• An initial meeting to plan your ceremony and complete paperwork
• Lodgement and registration of all legal documents
• Help with the selection of readings and poems
• Advice on rituals - sand or rose ceremony, hand wrapping or candle ceremony
• Unlimited drafts, emails and phone calls
• Arrival 45 min before your ceremony to ensure all is ready for your guests
• Same day online Registration of your marriage with the NSW BDM office
• Lodgement of your NSW BDM Certificate Application
• Onsite rehearsal, by arrangement, if required
• Perform your Ceremony with dignity
• Signing table and two chairs if required
• Microphone for readings and ceremony
• PA system for music if required
• Keepsake Official Marriage certificate
• Ceremony Script in a Presentation Folder
What are the Australian legal obligations?
• You must be 18 years of age
• You must complete a Notice of Intended Marriage Form (NOIM) and
• Provide your Celebrant one calendar month’s notice
• You will need to produce a Birth Certificate if born in Australia or Passports.
• Australian of Overseas Passport if born outside Australia
• Complete a ‘No Impediment to Marriage’ declaration
• If either of you have previously been married you will need your Divorce papers
• If your previous spouse is deceased, you must produce the Death Certificate
• On the day of your marriage you must have two witnesses, one each, over the age 18 and not necessarily an Australian citizen.
I would be pleased to hear from you to discuss your wedding plans. So contact me for a no-obligation interview at your place or mine or a suitable place in between, and in most areas across Sydney.
Once again, congratulations on your commitment and I hope to hear from you soon.
Couples from overseas wishing to marry in Australia
• I may be able to assist with advice on venues.
• Provide details on all matters pertaining to your marriage in Australia.
• Support any Visa application with a letter to the appropriate authority.
• Please complete the contact page with your details and inquiry.
Fiancé Visa applications
In my capacity as your Marriage Celebrant I can –
• Arrange the lodgement of your Notice of Intention to Marry form
• Provide correspondence verifying your notice of marriage to your relevant Embassy
• Support any Visa application with a letter to the appropriate authority
• Assist with Statutory Declarations as required
• As a Justice of the Peace I can certify true copies of your Identification documents.